In the laboratory we determine aerodynamic, thermal and acoustic performance of air handling equipment, and acoustic and vibration characteristics of building products and elements.
Large spaces and generic research facilities make it possible to carry out measurements according to various standards. The know how of the experienced staff ensures versatile, quick and advantageous service for the customers.
The Acoustics laboratory comprises the acoustics research hall (800 m²) with six reverberation rooms, silencer space (150 m²) and a machine room (350 m²). The efficient silencers in the silencer space separate the acoustics research hall from the machine room. Fans, air volume flow measurement equipment and air flow control devices as well as heating and cooling equipment are installed in the machine room due to their noise.
Noise from air handling equipment to be tested can be measured in the reverberation rooms or in ducts. The measured characteristics are flow noise, sound attenuation and sound insulation. In conjunction with the acoustical measurements, other performance characteristics (aerodynamic and thermal) of the equipment to be studied, can also be measured.
Acoustic and vibration characteristics of building elements and equipment can be measured in the reverberation rooms. Measurable characteristics are airborne sound insulation of building elements, impact sound insulation of floors, sound absorption, sound power, dynamic stiffness and noise classification of sanitary equipment. Vibration of building elements can be measured parallel to noise measurements.
QUANTITIES TO BE MEASURED
- sound pressure level
- sound power level
- insertion loss
- sound insulation
- sound absorption
- dynamic stiffness
- volume flow
- mass flow
- rotational speed
- electric power
- shaft power
PERFORMANCE OF THE TEST FACILITIES
- reverberation rooms: 51,6 m3 , 55,9 m3, 102 m3 , 131 m3, 201 m3 , 298 m3
- background noise level: < 3dB(A)
- one-third octave bands: 25 Hz 20 kHz
- octave bands: 31,5 Hz 8 kHz
- vibration: 1 Hz-
- attenuated air flow: 0 20 m3/s
- pressures: 20 m3/s, 1 kPa; 1 m3/s, 8 kPa
- compressed air: 0,1 m3/s, 600 kPa
- heating water flow: 5 dm3/s, 225 kW, 90 oC
- cooling water flow: 5 dm3/s, 100 kW, +7 oC
- rotational speed: <30 000 rpm
- electric power: 0 315 kW, 380 V
- frequency controller: 0 280 kW, 380 V, 0.5 100 Hz
- doors of the hall (height • width): 5,0 m • 3,3 m
- crane: 150 kN
- openings of the reverb. Rooms: 3 m • 4 m
- connection duct to the reverb.room: 1,5 m • 2 m
- lenght of the studied device: 12 m
- size of the building element studied: wall 3 m • 4 m; floor 3,05 m • 3,90 m
- steam flow (air humidifier) 170 kg/h